3.06.2014

designer spotlight | lele sadoughi

The much anticipated Spring line from Lele Sadoughi just arrived in sunny Atlantic Beach! We are excited to introduce you to the vibrant collection and share with you more one-of-a-kind, distinct pieces from Lele. Each collection is designed with Lele's recent travels and inspirations in mind and tells a story of it's own. We were fortunate to sit down with Lisa "Lele" and pick her brain on where she's from and where she's going. She has a stellar resume and an accolade of travels that capture her interest for her designs. We love her enthusiasm and passion for her work and family. Lele's collections come packaged with a lot of heart and soul so we are certain you'll find these treasures remarkable beyond compare. Our advice? Invest in an exceptional designer who brings so much inspiration in each piece you take home!

In the meantime, take a moment to learn more about Lele Sadoughi in the interview below...we're pretty sure you'll love her just as much as we do!


The roots of Lele Sadoughi...
I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and I now reside in Greenwich Village, New York with my husband and son. I am a fifth generation Texan and always head south to visit my entire family. Growing up, I was always drawn to art. Whether it was painting, drawing, collage, or photography, I liked to have my hands dirty. I thought a degree in advertising would fulfill my creative passions, but I never pursued that career. I went straight into the fashion world. I started in apparel, then accessories and trims, and finally jewelry. Jewelry design is a completely different mindset than that of apparel. I relate more to furniture designers, because I like to think about construction, materials, stones and weight.

Globetrotter...
I love any place with markets! The best vintage market is the Bazaar in Istanbul. I only allotted myself one day at the market, but could have spent all week there. There are amazing jewels of mixed metal and ribbon that I thought were very innovative. Also, the textiles, pottery, rugs and homes are amazing. Jemaa El Fnaa in Marrakesh had many small alleys filled with vendors making silver, jewelry, rugs, and shoes. Mexico is another place I frequent and have always admired the artisans from Taxco for their modern, industrial designs with sterling silver. When I am local, I go to the Chelsea flea market garage to find some good 50's and 60's costume jewelry. And finally, the west coast has amazing jewelry from all the fabulous people that have retired to California. Palm Springs has such a wonderful vibe with bright colors and pieces with a real history.

Fashion in 3 words...
Fantastical
Emotional
Revealing

The muse behind the madness...
Coco Chanel. She made glass pearls and crystals cool. Also, I am truly inspired by artists from the machine age, like Jean Despres, because of their true marriage of function and beauty.

The most exciting milestone for Lele Sadoughi...
We are approaching our 2nd year in business and have expanded the company to include international sales and PR presence. We are also welcoming a new CEO to help keep up with our growing business. 

What you don't know about Lele Sadoughi...
I am very visual and remember many things by sight. I love museums, flea markets, and sightseeing. However, I cannot sing and will never remember words to any songs.

Styling to a T...
Wear color. I truly believe it can make you happier.

Best career advice received...
I was fortunate to work for some great companies and build relationships with people that can help me grow and learn. It is important to follow by example and surround yourself with the best. Test out your skills and take your time honing the craft. Once you start on your own, you will have built confidence to show your own style. When I was designing the jewelry at J.Crew, I remember Mickey Drexler would interview every employee. He once said he could learn something from everybody. I realized that an interview could be just as beneficial for the employee and the employer. Take the time to learn from those around you.

Lele Sadoughi in 10 years...
I see my brand as a lifestyle collection. I hope to expand to home design and continue the global expansion of jewels. I would like free standing shops for people to experience my vision as whole.

Trending in 2014...
Big jewels are back. There has been a trend for small, personal jewelry, but statement pieces are returning. Being from Texas, I love bold scale and color, and am always attracted to something with weight and substance.



To begin your own Lele collection, please visit us at the store [904.595.5724] or email us at ashlegryre@gmail.com to learn more about our special order process.


xx,



No comments:

Post a Comment