2.14.2014

a sunny surprise

Camilyn Beth Ampi Dress in peach [AshleGryre] // Lucky Star Supermoon necklace in peridot [AshleGryre] // Peterbrooke Chocolatier, Atlantic Beach


It's a twofer! Valentine's & TGIF all in one day...we can hardly contain our excitement!

To kick off your holiday weekend we are featuring the super sweet Ampi dress by Camilyn Beth today. Camilyn Beth's spring collection is full of pretty pastel hues and tailored cuts that ooze with details: sequins, ruffles, and cinched waists...a girly girl's dream! We love the attention to detail in each hand crafted piece. Cami's designs are inspired by the 20's-70's eras with her own modern spin. Be sure to visit AshleGryre to check out other dresses from the spring collection. The carefully selected designs for this season were chosen for our store with the bride, graduate, and wedding guest in mind! We think the versatility in Cami's styles allows these classic styles to transition from one occasion to another.

We had the chance to gab with Cami about her start, her designs and inspiration and here's what she had to say!

The roots of Camilyn Beth...
As a young girl, I was always involved in art + designs. I loved any project when I could use my hands and create. As I became a teenager, that funneled into a strong interest in fashion which lead me to design/make my own high school prom dress and then going on to The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale for college with a major in Fashion Design. After school, I spent several years traveling/living/working in different areas of the fashion industry. I spent about 3 years mentoring under couture designer, Pär Engsheden in Stockholm, Sweden and 3 years working in various areas of fashion including assistant buying, merchandising, and marketing for a local Florida boutique. All this experience led me to start my own business and clothing line. Camilyn Beth was launched in April 2012 after getting the first boutique order through Twitter.

In the South...
"It's better to be over dressed, than under dressed." My parents always encouraged my sister and I to dress nice. Whether it was a trip to grandma's or church on Sunday, we were always dressed up head to toe. I still have that engraved in my mind and almost always wear a dress + heels to any occasion. 

Fashion in 3 words...
Craftsmanship, personality, & confidence. 

The muse behind the madness...
My muse(s) change with each season, this spring/summer 2014 collection I looked to iconic, classic, women from the 50's-today. Jackie O, Jean Shrimpton, Elin Kling, Olivia Palermo, & Kate Middleton. 

photo by Becka Robinson for Studio 22 Photography

The most exciting milestone for Camilyn Beth...
Every step of Camilyn Beth is a milestone. It's amazing how one major moment leads to the next. The most exciting milestone has to be when Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific wore the CB Go Go Dress on her blog. She really popularized my brand and took it to the next level.

Styling to a T...
Red lipstick + heels are the best way to freshen up any look.

Best career advice ever received...
Work really hard and be kind to people. Be positive and enjoy every moment of this exciting adventure. Live in love.

Camilyn Beth in 10 years...
I see Camilyn Beth in every charming boutique across the US and Europe. I see Camilyn Beth generating American careers in manufacturing. I see Camilyn Beth as the go-to dress for every woman's special occasion. I see Camilyn Beth expanding to prints, accessories, childrenswear, menswear, and maybe even a home line.

Trending in 2014...
Classic dress silhouettes like "fit & flair" + "shift style" in bold fuchsia, coral & royal blue, mixed with muted camel, grey, & ivory. I love seeing sporty + feminine styles with oversized wool coats, bold sunnies, statement bags, & shoes.


As you shower those around you with sweets, gifts and cards today we hope you take the time love on yourself a bit! Whether it's a special trip to the spa or spoiling yourself with some sweet treats and wine, we think you deserve it because YOU are special! In need of a last minute gift? Stop by AshleGryre and Peterbrooke for some wonderful delights!

xx,







No comments:

Post a Comment